Friday, November 12, 2010

30 Days of Thanks - Day 12




Today I got to go to Hope's class and be the "Mystery Reader." I am fairly certain I was the most chaotic mystery reader ever! But, it was so fun. I was hoping John could stay with the littles while I read first thing this morning, but, of course, he had to be at work early. So, my next brilliant plan was to drop off Noah at an hourly playcare place we have found. Until I found out they only opened 10 minutes before I needed to be in the classroom. So, I just decided to go for it and take the whole crew. Of course I couldn't tell Hope I was the reader, so she was thoroughly confused as to why everyone was dressed when we took her to school this morning. I am fairly certain that has never happened before. You will usually find Emmy and/or Noah still in their pjs when we drop off Hope. And, maybe possibly myself. (Read below. I am NOT a morning person!) So, I dropped her off, then went back to the car for a few minutes, and then loaded the littles up and went to her room. She really was surprised! She has asked me several times if I would be the secret reader, and I have always said that I couldn't because of the babies. I brought two of her favorite books, "I Love You, Stinky Face" and "The Carrot Seed" (Thank you, Suzanne Pate!) I thought Emmy would be fine laying on a blanket (wrong) and that Noah would sit quietly in his stroller and listen and eat his breakfast (wrong.) Luckily Miss B. is a saint and helped with both. I ended up with Emmy Love on my lap, and Noah sitting by Miss B. (Which Noah loved, because, well, we are pretty sure he is in love with her.) I made it through the books, hopefully without embarrassing Hope too much. (Just the right amount of embarrassment. You have to have some fun with this, right? :)

I am also thankful for my new MOPS group. This was only my second meeting, plus a field trip to the fire station. I met lots of new people today, and had a good breakfast! I am looking forward to getting to know some of them better. Joining a MOPS group is something that is way out of my comfort zone, but I am glad I did it.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I was just thinking how brave you were to join a MOPS group, and how I could probably never do it, and then I read your last sentence. Good for you.