Saturday, April 26, 2008
You're gonna miss this.
You're gonna want this back.
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast.
These are some good times.
So take a good look around.
You may not know it now,
But you're gonna miss this.
Friday, April 25, 2008
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
If you are looking for Noah news, if he is not here by next Tuesday, I will be induced. My doctor said Monday that it didn't look like I will make it until then, though. I finally heard the words I've been waiting for..."Any day now."
Saturday, April 19, 2008
- Julia-Little Bunny Foo Foo
- Clara-Field Mouse
- Hope-The Good Fairy
It was so funny. I have seen the big girls do many many performances, and they are all quite wonderful. If Hope is "cast" in one of their shows, she usually takes a lot of prompting from the cousins to remember her role. Not so on Wednesday night. She delivered her good fairy lines with gusto! And turned Little Bunny Foo Foo into a goon better than I have ever seen anyone else do before. (And Jennifer made fun of me for not enjoying the moment, but running around looking for my camera.) I have missed several pictures lately enjoying the moment and this was just something I wanted to remember. I do regret not getting a picture of Clara's Field Mouse Tail!
Friday, April 18, 2008
- Who is God?
- Who is Jesus?
- Where is God?
- Is He in the Clouds?
- Is He in my tummy?
- Are there lots of Gods?
- Did God make Target?
- Did God make Grasshoppers?
- Did God make Ms. Karen? (her teacher)
- Is God mean?
- Does God love me when I am mean?
- Is God real?
- Who made God?
- What is God?
- Is He a baby?
- Did God make Noah to be my brother?
- Did God make my cousins?
- How does God make things?
Lord, please give us the wisdom to answer her questions and lead her to a better understanding of who you are.
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Just to let you know about one day in my life.Today I had Clara while Wes was taking the other two to softball practice. Clara and I were going to the grocery store before she had Tball practice. (Yes, 3 playing ball is too many) Clara started talking to someone and I looked in the back seat and saw Miley (Riley's cat) looking at me in the rearview mirror from a box that was sitting by Clara. Now we have a problem. I was about half way into town and decided to turn around and take the cat home. One the way back the cat starts acting crazy and jumps on Clara's lap and now Clara is now screaming because the cat is clawing her legs. I pull over and am trying to get the cat and realize that the cat is wet. I am now looking to see what she spilled because I know I'm going to have to clean it up. I look in the box and there are 4 brand new kittens in the box. OK, now I have a new problem. I get the cats home as quick as possible and start thinking about when she has gotten in my car. The last time I drove it was on Thurs. night and now it is Sun. afternoon. We have been in and out of my car, and I think I saw her yesterday while I was mowing the yard, but not for sure. Clara and I get the cats home and start checking them out and sure enough, one kitten is not moving. It has kicked the bucket. New problem. I like animals, but am not shedding a tear or anything. I think I will just bag it and get rid of it. Well Clara has other ideas. Now here I go to a spot in the yard with my gardening shovel and start diging. Clara lays it in the ground (it is in the bag and she wanted to hold the bag, go figure) and we decide we need to say a prayer. So at this point I have had a surprise cat in my car, the birth of 4 kittens, the funeral of one kitten, and am now heading to T ball practice. Well, life is certainly not boring. Hope your days are as exciting as mine. :) Jennifer
Monday, April 14, 2008
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Noah's bag is packed, his carseat is ready, his coming home outfit is laid out. Tomorrow's goal is to pack my own stuff. I probably should have done that first, but his stuff was way more fun. I also got the rest of his things washed and put into the drawers. How cute are tiny blue socks in a drawer?!
*When we sit down to eat, she reminds us to say "God is Grace." (I love that she says Grace. Please don't correct her!)
* She begins a lot of her statements by saying "When I was a little baby last week"
* She love to "celebrate" after school on days that she takes a nap (a rarity.) To celebrate could mean anything from seeing the cousins to getting a piece of gum.
* She is counting down Noah's due date by how many more times she gets to go to Gymboree
* She gets a sticker on the mornings she has slept in her own bed. It took her over a month to get the 5 required to go to Chuck E. Cheese. We went this weekend. Now she is working on getting 10 to go to the zoo.
* She and her best friend at school tell everyone that they are twins. I'm not sure where it came from, but Hope is convinced. When I take Hope to school her friend greets us at the door with "my sister is here!" Her friend is precious, but they don't look a lot alike. Friend has Curly dark brown hair, brown eyes, is tall...Her dad is really funny. He says sometimes he gets confused and almost takes Hope home with him instead of friend.
* On mornings that Mimi takes her to school she has come to expect one of two things; breakfast cooked by Papa Paul or donuts from the donut shop. I tell Mimi that it's okay to tell her no, but you know how Mimi's are!
*She loves to sneak into her bathroom, bring her tea set, climb up on her stool and fill everything with water. She has spent many minutes in time out for this. I am just about to take away her tea set, but it is her favorite toy.
Wednesday, April 09, 2008
Now for the fussy part. I have been sick for 5 weeks now with asthmatic bronchitis. In the last week I have seen the Dr. twice, and spoke to him 2 other times, spent $200 on copays and medicines, and I am still wheezing and coughing. Then today, I have also been vomiting. Sorry, I know it's gross, but it's true. Add to that just the fact that I am 36 weeks pregnant and as big as a house, I am just not feeling good at all. I have had many a break down in the last few days. Oh, and I also have the whole nesting thing going on where I want everything in my house crazy clean and organized, but am just too exhausted to do much about it. I haven't packed my bags or put Noah's little things in his drawers because I don't feel like I can do that before the house is clean. Does it make sense, no. Oh, also, John is out of town again.
I do realize that I have much to be thankful for. I just needed to whine fo a minute. I'll get over it! Only 2-4 weeks left (hopefully more like 2!) Hope is being a good trooper and is sooo ready for Noah to be here. My mom has been staying with us when John is gone and has been giving Hope a bath and putting her to bed and taking her to school on the mornings I don't work. Thank you Mimi!