Thursday, August 26, 2010

Little Bitty Zitty Baby




My baby has some bad bad baby acne right now. It is all over her face, and it covers her whole head. And really, you can't 100% convince me that it's not related to her formula. It seems to have popped up right as we gave in and switched her to soy milk. She also has had thrush for 3 weeks now and a yucky diaper rash. Boo. I took her into the pediatrician. We saw Dr. K who is the pediatrician we have been wanting to see. He was so perfect. He held her and fed her a bottle while we talked. Seriously? Loooove him. He sent us on our way with some different meds to clear up everything. I haven't seen much improvement just yet, which also feeds into my reaction to formula theory. We were told to keep her on the soy until every thing cleared up, and then try a lactose free milk based formula (that they gave us a case of free samples of! Looove.) to see how her tummy reacts to that. Here's hoping that the acne, thrush and diaper rash clear up soon, or her Mommy is going to break the rules and switch to the lactose free before...

I took these pictures on Tuesday. It is worse today. Her right cheek is just solid red. I don't know what to do!

6 comments:

Kerum said...

She still looks so sweet...even with the acne!

I KNOW this is completely driving you crazy! I hope it clears up soon! If it doesn't, then switch to the lactose free stuff...you're the momma and know what's best! It's exactly what I would do. LOL Not that you need my approval or anything! :-)

Glad you found an awesome ped for the kids. Sure wish we had more of a choice...then I'd need you to come out here and find the perfect one for my kids! :-)

Anonymous said...

Poor Emmy. She is allergic to Texas. You guys come back to Arkansas and her face will clear right up:)
Heather

Unknown said...

She is beautiful anyway.

Anonymous said...

I must agree with Heather! I feel sure that it would not have happened here in Arkansaas...
Mimi

Jen said...

Oh! Poor sweet baby. LOL Heather. Emmy probably is allergic to Texas! It seems so much of parenting a baby is a total guessing game!

Ashley @ Belles, Bows and More said...

Have you tried the plain Dove soap? Colin had baby acne really bad when he was little and that is the first thing our pediatrician told us to use. It worked like magic and even helps with exzema too. Hope you all are doing well!