Monday, November 08, 2010

30 Days of Thanks - #8

Today I am thankful for Hope's new school. I just love it. If she couldn't be at Indian Hills with her Ninny this year, then there is no other place I would want her to be besides her new school. She is where she needs to be. And, I will say it again. She has the perfect Kindergarten teacher. She is everything you pray your kindergartner will have when they start school. Seriously.

And as a Mom, I like the parents at her new school. I am not a real, "Get out and meet people" kind of girl, but moving away from all things familiar (literally) has forced me out of that a bit. We went to Chik Fil A tonight for a fundraiser for the second time this school year. It was funny how different it was this time. I actually know the names of some of the moms, Hope knew kids that weren't even in her grade, and one of the mom's just came up and took Emmy from me for a minute. It feels good to be getting comfortable around some people.

I don't think I have shared this on here, but I also have a new friend that moved from Little Rock the same week we did! And her kindergartner goes to Hope's school! We did not know each other in Little Rock, even though she was a dental hygienist at my dentist's office! How crazy is that?

I am so thankful that the many houses we thought were going to be ours, aren't. We are where we are supposed to be.

1 comment:

Karen Cleveland said...

I'm thankful for you too!! I have really enjoyed getting to know you and I am so glad that God had it in His plan for us to meet. It's fun to look back at "hard" times in our lives when things did not go the way WE wanted them to but in the end you see that God was in control the whole time and He totally knew what He was doing :)