Friday, March 30, 2007

Nenny Gives Me Dr. Pepper



Nenny gives me Dr. Pepper
Date: 3/28/2007
Yes, it's true. Nenny lets Hope have lots of things her mommy doesn't let her have. Nenny actually has a long standing tradition of giving Hope things that I wouldn't. It started long before Hope could tell on her. I can't say it began when she was about 13 months old, but that is about the time I became aware of the situation. Jenn had picked up Hope from school, and I had gone to get her afterwards. Hope started reaching for a bowl of M & M's. I was reaching for her trying to prevent my child from getting the kind of sugar I had so far been able to avoid her having, when Jennifer slips and says "Hope LOVES M&M's!" She saw the look on my face, and started laughing. I guess she figured she might as well confess at that point and said something like "She really has a sweet tooth, she loves suckers too!" Shocked and Appalled! Since then, it has been no secret that Nenny has different rules for Hope. Hope gets her fair share of coke icees with Nenny, she can roam pretty much wherever she wants when she is with Nenny, she can play on big kid slides with Nenny, and now, apparently, Nenny gives her Dr. Pepper! She does love her Nenny, though (and I am pretty sure it is mutual!) We had a great visit with her, Mimi, Julia, Riley and Clara this week while they were on Spring Break. We went to the Ft. Worth Zoo, the Park, Justice for Girls, Just about every Half Price Books in the Dallas area, Joes, Chik-A-Lay, Sam Moon...all the favorite places. I think the only ones we missed were the aquarium and Uncle Julios!

No comments: