Friday, March 30, 2007


In my Daughter's Eyes
Date: 1/25/2007
In My Daughter's Eyes

In my daughter's eyes
I am a hero
I am strong and wise
and I know no fear.
But the truth is plain to see
She was sent to rescue me.
I see who I wanna be
In my daughter's eyes.
In my daughter's eyes
everyone is equal.
Darkness turns to light
and the world is at peace.
This miracle God gave to me
gives me strength when I am weak.
I find reason to believe
In my daughter's eyes.
And when she wraps her hand
around my finger,
Oh it puts a smile in my heart!
Everything becomes a little clearer.
I realize what life is all about.
It's hangin' on when your heart
has had enough.
It's giving more when you feel like giving up.
I've seen the light.
It's in my daugter's eyes .
In my daughter's eyes
I can see the future .
A reflection of who I am
and what will be.
Though she'll grow and someday leave
Maybe raise a family.
When I'm gone
I hope you see
how happy she made me.
For I'll be there
In my daughter's eyes.
--Martina McBride

No comments: