Wednesday, November 04, 2009

30 Days of Thanks Day 4



Today I am thankful for some "stolen moments" I have had with each of my kids the past 2 days. Just a little bit of unexpected special 1 on 1 time I have had with each of them. On Mondays and Tuesdays, I teach a special class for the older kids at Noah's school called "Learning Lab." Tons of fun. Messy, hands on, science stuff which is just right up my ally. One thing I love about being there, is that I usually get some extra time with Noah. I can play with them on the playground for a few minutes, or take him for a walk, etc. But the best has been that right after I finish up the morning classes, I clean up and then go down to Noah's room where they are getting ready for a nap. I get to lay with Noah on his mat, pat him for about 5 minutes, get a good snuggle, then go to lunch. I love it. Well, Tuesday, everything changed! I went down there at nap time, and he was crazy! I patted him for 30 minutes and he was just not going to sleep! He was giggling, talking, pulling my nose, flipping around... I was getting no where! By that point, every other sweet child was asleep, and Noah's teachers' had started eating their lunch. I had some errands I had to take care of at lunch, so I just took him with me. He sang all the way to the bank and home, and finally fell asleep right before we got back to the school. I carried him in and just sat with him for a few minutes while he slept in my arms. Sweet, sweet baby. I loved it. Pretty sure that is the end of me going down to his room for naptime though!
Then, this morning, I had to get Noah up and delivered early so I could make it to my Wednesday job at Hope's school (confused yet?) Hope and I had about 40 minutes to spare, so we stopped at the donut shop. She talked the entire time, mostly about our Disney trip, but other important things too, like who she is going to play with, how some boy made fun of her clothes yesterday saying they looked like pj's, who is friends with who and who is NOT friends with who, and how to sing the p-i-n-k song. Good times. She always makes me laugh.

I know I have said this before, but I will say it again. This is what John and I say to the babies when we put them to bed:

"Thank you, God for Hope Louise."

"Thank you, God for Noah Red."

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Love your stories :)

Michele said...

Love this, Jill!