Monday, November 02, 2009

30 Days of Thanks Day 2

Mimi. Mom. Mother. Meems. Today I am thankful for my mom. Oh my gosh, I can't even tell you all that my mom does for me and my family. John travels a lot if you haven't got the picture yet. When John is gone, you might think, oh wow, how does Jill do all that by herself. Here is the secret... I don't. When John leaves, Mimi becomes what I have come to refer to as my "co-parent!" Seriously people. You might think your mom is the best. Whatever. Think what you want. Mine is better. On days that I work at Noah's school, my mom is likely to show up at my house at 7:20, with hot donuts for everyone. Seriously. Then, on days when I am at Hope's school, you will just not believe this, but I take Noah to her house early in the morning and drop him off so I don't have to drive downtown. She brings him home, she watches one kid while I take the other somewhere else, she makes all kinds of my strange request, (ie, Peter Pan hat!) she goes grocery shopping with me, she will follow me home and let me take the dog out and set the alarm just to make sure we get in... it is just tons of little things all the time. It is big things too, but I can't tell you because then my siblings will read this and get jealous because they will realize that I am the favorite. So, just trust me, she is the bestest.


My kids both have a very special relationship with my mom. Hope and Mimi have always been close. They enjoy one on one time together for sure. Mimi just "gets" Hope. And Noah, oh my, he just thinks she hung the moon. His teacher says that everyday around 3, he starts asking for Mimi. His teacher will usually take a break, open the door, and follow Noah to Mimi's office for a quick visit (and a few M&Ms.) He has figured out how to work the system for sure.

Thank you mom, for every single thing you do for us. I love you more than you can know.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Tears are rolling down my cheeks as I read this. How sweet.
I am the luckiest Mimi any where to have all of my grandbabies so close and to be a part of their lives. They bless me every day.
And then, to have such incredible children... wow...
I am one blessed child of God!!!
Thank you Jill, I love being a co-parent!

Anonymous said...

We love MIMI!

-Samantha
(the favorite neice!)

Julie said...

Such a sweet, priceless post! And what is not to love about Mimi Kaye! This is just who she is...

pittle said...

Mimi got all her practice as a childcare director and Mom & Mimi as a little girl when we played "orphange" with our dolls. She was always the better Mom.

You are right - she is the best!