Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas Everyone!

I will be honest and say the last couple of days, I have not felt very Christmasy. I miss my family. I miss our pre Christmas traditions. I miss driving through Sherwood Forrest. I miss driving past the house covered with giant blow up characters. I miss our friends and our favorite annual Christmas Party. Mainly, I miss my family. But, I am trying to break out of the funk. I know this is truly going to be the best Christmas ever. We have cut way back on Christmas, which I am really excited about. Each gift has been carefully thought about. And instead of our late night Christmas Eve service, we are doing something entirely different. We are going to church early (at 3:00) and then going to do something so very special I can't even tell you about here. It is something we have waited for for FOUR long years! I know this is an unfair teaser, but it's not my news to spill yet. I promise to spill when I can. It is what I am looking forward to the most on Christmas Eve.

Emmy is much better. However, this child and steroids do not mix well. She has not slept hardly at all. I am not exaggerating when I say she did not sleep more than a total of an hour after midnight last night. Today she has had a few short short naps, but nothing like usual. She had her last dose tonight, so hopefully by Christmas Eve, she will be feeling more like her wonderfully sleepy self :)

3 comments:

Cari said...

Poor Emmy but poor you too! Lincoln has been taking a steroid the last 3 days and he has been wired! I am so glad it is over. He has been up most of the nights as well and napping poorly. Sorry you miss your family as well but you surprise sounds like it will be fun and help you forget about missing your fam. Have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS. Can't wait to hear about the Christmas Eve plans!

Nicole said...

I hear ya girl!
Merry Christmas to you and your BEAUTIFUL family!

Shaunda said...

Sending prayers your way for a healthy Emmy! Ya'll have a very Merry Christmas!!!