Tuesday, December 21, 2010

And on the 8th day of Christmas, my baby got the croup

Last night, I laid in bed with Hope and Noah in Hope's bed and tried to catch up on all the Christmas books we haven't read yet. We all fell asleep. I woke to a horrible sound, and knew immediately that Emmy Love had the croup. Both Noah and Hope have had the croup before, and both went to the Emergency room. This time, I did all that I knew to do and held out to take Emmy to her fabulous doctor in the morning. We didn't get much sleep, to say the least. Well, Dr. K confirmed the croup. And while we were at it we did an official weight check. Let me back up to say that we weighed Emmy quickly yesterday, and she was 13 pounds 11 ounces, with clothes and wet diaper. So, today naked baby weighed 13 pounds 2 ounces! which put her in the 16th percentile. She went up TEN percentile points in 4 weeks! This is so awesome. We have been so worried about her, and no she is our biggest baby again (she was our biggest at birth by 2 ounces :) Dr. K called her a chunky monkey!

I took these pictures yesterday. I did not keep many of Hope's baby outfits, but this was my all time favorite. It was her first Baby Lulu outfit. I bought it knowing Hope would be born near Christmas (Her due date was 12-9) I didn't think Emmy would fit in it, but she does! It makes me so happy :)




 These are from today. Yes, I only took the pictures for our Christmas card TODAY. Why, because I ordered these shirts off of Etsy on DECEMBER 1st, and they didn't arrive until yesterday. I do love the shirts, but I wouldn't order from this seller again. Oh well, they are here now. And I will force them to wear them for the next 4 days.

Emmy has had 2 doses of steroids today, so I am really hoping for a better night!

No comments: