Sunday, April 12, 2009

Barack Eggbama

Every year, my family has an egg decorating contest. It is a very serious competition. Everyone votes for one egg (other than their own) in each of the two divisions (Child and Adult.) John and I are both really get into this and spend a lot of time planning our egg, and then stay up late the night before making the egg.

John really should have won this year with his Barack Eggbama! He came in a close second though...


Wanna know who won?

Drumroll please........

Eggs-hausted! By yours truly.


I came up with the idea a couple of weeks ago when my friend Shauna asked what I was going to make. I told her I was too tired, and that I was just going to take a blank egg and title it "Eggs-hausted." So, the idea just built from there. When I saw this recliner in Hope's dollhouse, I knew exactly what I was going to do! Not my best work, it was fairly simple, but it got the job done! Oh, and her sleep mask is removable and when you take it off, she is sleeping. The egg definitely represents me and the past year with Noah and me having slept through the night less than five times since he has been born. I really am exhausted.

Here is the child division...
And the adult division. Minus Betty's Bunny Egg which was so cute. Jenn, send me a picture so I can add it. You were in my way when I was taking pictures. :-)
And here is a picture of some really cute kids. More kid pics to follow soon!
Want to see last year's competition? Click Here
And see 2006's Here

1 comment:

Jen said...

OMG! So cute. What a fun tradition!