Monday, April 20, 2009

I'm such a great mom


or not. Noah's first birthday is around the corner. How in the world did that happen? No, really, APRIL 29 is like, NEXT WEEK? I just don't understand how that is possible. Anyway.
For Hope's first birthday, we had a blow out blast of a party for her. We invited everyone we knew, rented an indoor playground, Sam made a video for her, a princess cake was made (oh and a separate one for the princess herself, of course. It really was a huge party. Will we do the same for Noah. Um, no. Why? Because I am a horrible mother who treats my second child differently than the first, no matter how many times I said that wouldn't happen. I really just don't want to have a big party. So the big plans for Noah...have the family over in the backyard for lunch. OOOOhhhh. Lucky Noah! No, really, he will love it. I am just feeling a tad bit guilty. So, Saturday, I decided, well, I am at least going to make some cute invitations for the party. (That way I can put one in his baby book, and he can pretend we really had a party for him, right?) So, I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to do this in photoshop. I was so proud I figured it out! I ordered the invitations, and then, upon further review...I messed them up. I meant to write "We'll have burgers and hotdogs, so come hungry!" But, well, I left the s off of burger. I am SUCH a great mom. And what kind of mommy would actually send those messed up invitations out? Um, that would be me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha, babyP birthday party will be over 2 weeks after his first birthday. Hurray for me!

We are going to be out of town the weekend prior and following his birthday. The next weekend is memorial day, which means a lot of people won't be here so....

Jen said...

Don't worry, they're still cute and he probably would never notice if you never point it out to him. Anyway, I didn't even come close to doing such cute invitations for either girl - and I didn't even have a party for Madeline's second. We had some family in town, but that was it, since I figured she wouldn't remember it anyway. Now who's the bad mom?