Sunday, May 31, 2009

That girl of mine



I have been playing with photoshop layers this weekend. Something that is totally new to me. So, I realize these are not great, but it is really fun to learn. And, just to be clear, I like funky photos. I like lots of color, I like to boost color, and I like things off center. I realize some of these things drive some people crazy (some people being John, mainly.)
This picture started like this...

I added 2 layers (total of 3.)

One: background/sky. I increased the blues.

Two: Hope. I increased the blues, contrast and brightness.

3: Hope's bow and shirt straps. I increased the red. I made this a separate layer, because when you increase the reds on a person, the skin color turns funky. Funky in a bad way.

Now, I know this is some people's biggest pet peeve (um, Adam?!) Same picture, I just turned the first 2 layers black and white and left the red bow and straps. Deep breaths Adam, it's ok. I was just playing.

1 comment:

Brandy said...

I L.O.V.E. IT!!!!!