Sunday, August 24, 2008

Has Hope Gotten a Bad Wrap?

I have been feeling bad lately because I don't think I talk about the good things that Hope does! Yes, she is a handful, and yes, she says some of the funniest things ever, and yes, she can try her mommy's patience! But there is a lot more to my girl.

Hope loves life. Every second of it.

She loves the people in her life. She tells us all several times a day that she loves us (sometimes even to the moon and back!) She gives the best hugs and kisses you could ever get, and she seems to know just when someone needs one. She loves nothing more than when we are all together. The more people the better. If our extended family could just live in one big house together, she would be thrilled.

She loves going and doing things in her world. She is always up for adventure and just goes and goes and goes. To say she is busy, is an understatement. She can find fun in any situation.

She also loves God. She is a very spiritual child. If you have ever wanted to see what "childlike faith" is, spend some time with Hope and you will get a glimpse. I learn from her daily. She prays a lot, and reminds me to stop and pray too. After our prayers at night time, sometimes I will still hear her talking to God long after I have left. I won't share what her prayers are, because they are hers, but I will say that I love the way she talks to God, and I think many of us could learn from her. She talks to Him like she talks to her daddy, and most prayers begin with, "Hey God."

She is also super smart. It really is scary sometimes the things that she knows. I know everyone always thinks their kids are smart, but I don't think it's just me! :-) She can read, and count and lots of "book smart" things, but she also can just figure things out. I don't know how to explain it. Maybe that's because I am not so smart! She could probably explain it for me! She can also remember things that happened so long ago.

She is a very happy child, and I could not be more proud of her. I would trade any part of her, even the craziness! Life with Hope will never be boring!

No comments: