Friday, August 29, 2008

Can you believe Noah is 4 months old?



I cannot believe it. 4 months is not a newborn for sure. I am having a hard time adjusting to that. This week my friends at work said that it was time to move Noah out of the bassinet. I am not ready for that! He is getting pretty close to being head to toe in there though. Noah is capable of sleeping through the night, he just would rather spend time with mommy at 2 am (and 3 and 4 sometimes too!) His 4 month appointment isn't until the 10th, so I will add stats then. Noah loves his hands. They are always either in his mouth, or he is just staring at them. I still swaddle him at night, but most nights he wiggles his hands up to his mouth somehow. Then he gets kind of frantic and I have to wrap him up again. I don't swaddle him during the day any more. Just at night. He is still not a big fan of tummy time, but is getting better. He recognizes me and John and Hope and Mimi and Ms. Kim (one of his sweet teachers.) He grins so big when he first sees one of us. He is very smiley now. He usually grins so big that one eye closes! Really cute. His hair has thinned out quite a bit, but it's still there! I think it is a little lighter now too.


On his 4 month birthday today he decided to surprise me with an explosion of a diaper. Mom and I were out shopping, and it just so happened that he made his mess right outside of the Children's Place. So, I of course HAD to buy him an outfit to change into. Ha. Any excuse to pick out baby clothes is a good one for me.


Uncle Sam is here from St. Louis, so we enjoyed some time with him. Hope talked Sam into playing "Hide and Go and Seek" at least 50 times today. Sam and John are running in a race tomorrow. They are both pretty competitive, so it should be interesting. I will have to get some pictures tomorrow. I am sure there will be Guitar Hero/ Rock Band pictures to post. I am learning the drums now! I know, I am such a geek.Don't knock it till you've tried it!
Thank you to everyone who voted for Noah in the photo contest. He won his round, now it's on to the finals! I will be sure to post detail about when the final round happens, so stay tuned!

* Now you can watch Noah grow and the bear shrink on the right hand side of the blog!

No comments: