Monday, July 02, 2007

Hope-isms at 2 and 1/2

Hard to believe our baby will be 3 in just a few short months. She continues to crack us up with the things that come out of her little mouth.
* While at Six Flags with our friends, Paul and April, Hope decided she wanted to ride the big parachute ride. We took her to the ride, and had her stand at the height marker. Sure enough, she was about 1 inch too short for the ride. I told her she wasn't quite big enough, and I showed her the line of how tall she had to be. She quickly got up on her tip toes and said, "But I AM this big!"
* We were sitting at the computer at home and I was letting her watch the slide show I made for John. She said, "There's my Daddy!" And then I told her that that was her when she was a little baby. Then I said, "But, you are so big now!" To which she quickly replied, "Can I ride the Parachute?"
* There are several words and phrases she uses over and over and OVER again. I am afraid these won't go away any time soon. When we tell her we can't do something, she whines, "But we got to." Also, when we say anything to her, about 9 times out of 10 she says "what?" You can repeat it 15 times, but you will be followed up with 15 "What?"s. She also loves to play the "What's that?" Game. Even if she knows exactly what it is, she wants you to say it. By the way, she does NOT think it's funny when you make up names for things when you get tired of the "What's that" questions.
*One more question game she knows and loves is a series of why questions. As we were laying down to get ready for bed (yes, she is in our bed. The Big Girl Bed is not going over well) we were watching Annie. Here is how our conversation went.
Hope: What are you doing Mommy?
Mommy: I am watching Annie
H: Why you watching Annie?
M: Because I love Annie
H: Why you love Annie?
M: Because it is a good movie?
H: Why is Annie a good Movie?
M: Well, because it's a good story
H:Why is it a good story?
M: Because it has a happy ending
H: Why does it habba happy ending?
M: Because Annie finds someone who loves her and she doesn't have to go back to Ms. Hannigan.
H:Why she not got to go to Ms. Hannigan
M: Because she gets to stay with Daddy Warbucks
H:Why she get to stay with Daddy Warbucks?
M: Because he loves her.
H: Oh

No comments: