Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July to everyone! We weren't able to make it back to Arkansas for the 4th like we had planned, but we have had a fun day together. John found a neat little swimming beach on a lake that is about 20 minutes for our house. We had a lot of fun, and Hope was so excited to be at the "beach." I made the mistake of telling her on Monday that we were going to go to the beach soon. That night, we had to run errands, and Hope kept saying "We are going to the beach now?" She didn't quite understand that our beach trip is still 4 weeks away! Hopefully this little beach will hold her over until then! For those of you not in Texas, we have had 10 straight days of rain and it has rained 18 out of the last 19 days. It is getting very depressing! I need some sun! We consulted the hourly forecast today, and hit the lake between two showers/storms. Luckily, the forecast was right, and it worked out well!


Of course, I have to reminisce some too... This is Hope on her 1st 4th of July. I miss that little baby!


This is last year's 4th of July. John had already accepted his job at SN and was working in Texas. Hope and I flew down to see him for the holiday.




Finally, pics from today. If you say you have ever seen anything cuter than Hope in this bikini, I will call you a liar! :-) She was so mad at me for making her stop and take a picture before she could get in the water!






I know, I know, I swore she would never wear floaties. I am eating my words...


How do you get in the lake with floaties and a ring, and still hold on to your favorite bucket?


She hated the grass and sticks that lined the shore. We would have to pick her up over them!


We are some serious sand castle builders


Ok, and this is one random picture. I drove home the other night, and there was the neatest sunset. As soon as I got home, I grabbed my camera to take a few pictures. I love the sun beams shining through.

1 comment:

-Shane, Michele & Wolffe said...

Floaties and a swim ring? Looks like she's and Wolffe have the same methods for swimming!