Saturday, July 07, 2007

Thank You , Brian!

I hope everyone has had a great 4th of July Holiday. On the 4th, I thought many times about my good friend, Brian, who is in the Army and is deployed right now. After reading his wife Kerum's blog, I thought about him some more, and the sacrifices he AND his family make everyday to keep our country free. I am very proud of him, and we love his whole family so much. In fact, Austin is Brian and Kerum's son...as in Austin, Hope's future boyfriend! He is too precious. And into everything, just like Lulu. So a big thank you and a hug to Austin, and his mommy and daddy this week (and every week!)

We have enjoyed a break from the every day, and most of all, we have enjoyed John being home for a whole week. It was a special treat. He is off to a new project on Monday. 4 months in North Carolina!

Today did not go as we had planned, but it was a great day. We had planned on having a Garage Sale this morning. We have been cleaning out stuff this week for our upcoming move (our lease is up soon, so we are buying a new house and we don't want to move all of this stuff!)But, when the alarm went off at 6 am, we both quickly vetoed the sale! I am sooo glad we did, because Hope slept until 9 am! It was fabulous! I had forgotten what it felt like to sleep that long! Hope and I got up and went for a walk around our neighborhood, and then I told her we were going to the donut shop. I guess she has never been to the donut shop. How is that possible? Anyway, we got ready and I put her in the car, and she said "Mommy, are we going to do some donut shopping?"

After lunch, we all went to Six Flags. We tried to sneak her onto the parachute ride, but after making it all the way through the line, we were busted. I was so ashamed! My baby just wants to ride the parachutes! She is officially 1/2 of an inch short. I am seriously considering letting her where some chunky heeled shoes next time!

Despite the trauma at the Parachute ride, she had a great time. We took her swimsuit so that she could play in the fountains, which turned out very well! She had a great time, and it was a great way to get her cooled off.


She was also so brave and tried a ride that she is always scared of. The airplanes. They look very much like the space ships at Hershey Park that she was so terrified of. But, she rode it today, and had so much fun that she rode it again!

1 comment:

yaya said...

Jill, it was so sweet of you to include Bri in your blog and thank him for what he does. That really means a lot to all of us and I know he appreciated it (although he probably won't tell you!)

And I loved hearing all about Ms. Hope! She is a doll.

Love you--M.