Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Lake Days

Last week, John was out of town for his last ever traveling trip. Wahoo! Instead of hanging around the house, we headed to the lake with my mom, sister, and "the cousins." We had a great time swimming and hanging out (you know, except for the shopping with Noah parts of the trip.) Hope even caught a fish! She was pretty proud! So is her Grandma Sharon, I understand.

We swam several times each day. It was perfect. Hope is doing so well with her swimming. She could swim across the pool by herself, which made her (and her mommy) very proud. After she finished her Red Cross swim lessons (which was a traumatic event for everyone... the lady threw her into the deep end because she was scared... yes, I'm serious.) we set a goal for her to work on during the summer. The goal was to jump off the Lakewood diving board and swim to the side by herself. She had one private lesson with her favorite lifeguard to try to undo the damage caused by the Red Cross meanie, and within the first five minutes she was jumping off the diving board and swimming to the side! I can tell you it was her life's greatest accomplishment thus far! The grin on her face was priceless, but I don't have a picture, because I have all but quit taking pictures. I have got to pick up my camera again! If it weren't for my iphone, I would have no recent pictures at all.

Anyway, here is Hope with "the cousins." Noah was napping at the time. He likes the pool for a little bit, but then he wants to go "inside." He gets worn out so fast, plus I think he has his daddy's very sensitive eyes.


No comments: