Sunday, July 06, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things

Warning: This is a very random post!



First of all, I love this new feature of blogger. I have my friends and favorite blogs listed to the right. Now, it also shows the title of their latest post, and (this is my favorite part) if lists them in the order that they were updated, so now I don't have to click on every blog on the list just to check to see if they have been updated! And it's kind of like a little competition to see who is on the top of the list. Surely you all know how competitive I am.



John and I have been talking about having a garage sale. We moved into a smaller house than what we had in Texas, so we have a lot of clutter. With the move plus the addition of Noah, we lost a lot of rooms. We lost our Guest Room,Office, the pantry, the dining room, and most importantly, the playroom. We love living where we are living, but still, we lost some space. You get the picture. Okay, back to the clutter. I have been feeling the need to simplify. We have too many pots, too many clothes, too many toys, too many desks, too many sippy cups. In thinking about all we could get rid of, I started thinking about everything I actually wanted to keep. So here is a list of my favorite material possessions (in no particular order.)



  1. Pictures
  2. Home videos
  3. My Mama Lou's Bible (actually, we just discovered I had this, but I love it and it won't be misplaced again!)
  4. The Bible John gave me the night before our wedding
  5. The baptism gown and slip
  6. The babies' coming home outfits
  7. My camera I bought myself when I was having a pity party about moving to Texas
  8. My favorite nursing bra (hey, it's hard to find a good one)
  9. Hope's Ooh Ooh monkey (it's really hers, but I love that she loves him so)
  10. The Peanut Shell (ok, it really belongs to Andrea)
  11. My Yellow Box Flip Flops
  12. My gray yoga pants that are soo thin because I wear them all the time. I have had them for about 12 years now.
I told you this post was random. Really random. Most of my things are sentimental things. I think this just confirms to me that stuff is just stuff. Stuff we can live without. Someone remind me of this if you see me checking out at Target!


Here is a picture of our VERY favorite things!

Now, those are the things John and I can't live without!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love the post of your favorite things! Has me thinking...I have a wide-tooth comb (yes, a comb you use for your hair) that I have had since I was in 6th grade!!! So...I've had it for 20+ years! It's been used everytime that I have shampooed my hair for the past 20 years. I never leave home without it! :-)