Sunday, August 23, 2009

Now What?





So this was my first week without a j.o.b. (We like to spell it out.) I helped out at Noah's school this week during promotion and did some odd jobs, like take these pictures of the new kids in school and make this display (It looks a whole lot cuter when the kids aren't blurred out....) Loved it. So what's next? I am going to teach a Learning Lab class on Mondays and Tuesdays for 3 and 4 year olds for a while. I am still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. I thought I had it figured out, but have found that church work is not for me. It is time for me to get back in church to worship the Father, and not be worried about what I need to be doing for Sunday School. I am actually looking forward to focusing on filling my spirit again, even though I am a little apprehensive about where that might be. I have a list of churches I want to visit, but I know that I myself will have a hard time reconciling their theology with my own beliefs. It's not about me, it's not about me, it's not about me.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

HUGS!

Anonymous said...

I had a hard time too when the time came to find a new church home. As much as I didnt want to go (fo my own selfish reasons), I knew it was time. I had to lose myself in order to find God in another place. I am praying for you during this transition. Love ya

-Sam

Jen said...

I know finding the right church can be really, really hard, especially when there are other people involved in the decision! I'm wishing you luck and sending good wishes.

leigh said...

good luck, i know this was a BIG decision for you. btw, are you teaching nate in these learning labs? let me know if he's acting up. ;)