Saturday, June 23, 2007

John and Jill in NYC!

John took me on a meant to be suprise trip to NYC last weekend. I was to meet him there on Thursday, but things didn't exactly go as planned. After 2 cancelled flights, I made it there on Friday afternoon. We had such a great time, and now I am just trying to figure out when I can get back there!

John with his favorite dinosaur...

Lady Liberty. It really was so cool to see this. I didn't expect to be so impressed by it!

View from the Staten Island Ferry.





Yes, we did all the cheesy tourist things, including renting a row boat in Central Park.

John's Highlight of the trip. We saw Max Lucado filming in Central Park. Actually John heard and recognized his voice before we saw him. Someone from his staff was very nice and came to talk to us, and snuck us over to meet him! He was so very nice. I am even more impressed with him now. John has read almost every book the man has written, and listened to several of his things on tape (which was how he recognized his voice) Hope also has quite a Max Lucado collection.

Our first Eddie Murphy sighting. In Central Park. Click on the picture to enlarge it. Look at the bush like tree in the middle/left part of the pic. In front of it you see a man and child. He is the man. In front of us are a lot of his people keeping us crazies away.

1 comment:

-Shane, Michele & Wolffe said...

So glad you were finally able to get there! Call me when you get home.