Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Potty Training with Aunt Nenny




So, Hope is still at her Aunt Nenny's (my sister, Jennifer's) house in Arkansas. Nenny was pretty confident that she could potty train her in a week, so we decided if she had her for a week this summer, we could call it Camp Nenny and she could teach her the meaning of 1,2,3 (as in "Hope, you better get back here before I count to 3...1,2,3." We have had some trouble with this concept!) and she would work on potty training her(mostly because she knows that I do not do potty training!)

So I sent Hope to Arkansas with 11 pair of panties, all just plain jane ones, no characters. I figure you should have to work for the character ones! Nenny did go ahead and buy some Ariel from the Little Mermaid panties. Jennifer explained to Hope that if she wet her panties that Ariel would cry and be so sad. Jennifer calls me this morning laughing and said Hope just came up to her, lifted her dress and said "Ariel is crying!"

Later Hope said "I don't need panties. I just need a diaper." So, it isn't looking good on that front.

She also told her Uncle Wes today at lunch "I don't think I like panties."

I, of course, don't have pictures from today, but these are some pics of the first time I bought her some panties a few months ago. She put them on all by herself, including on her head.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

seriously....you should already have that girl potty trained:)

-Shane, Michele & Wolffe said...

Weren't you the one that told me 2 was too young for potty training?!?!?!?!

Kerum said...

Well, Hope and Austin can both be in the "not peeing in the potty til we're 3" club. He tells me when he's going, but if I ask him if he wants to go on the potty, he says no in a matter of fact tone. I tried to put some pull ups on him because the diapers we had were getting snug....he threw a fit. He wanted his diapers.

Good luck Hope! We don't want Ariel to cry anymore!