Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Drivers license update

For all the inquiring minds who want to know (Heather)...the drama continues! So, I thought I could beat the system by driving to Texarkana and renewing my Arkansas driver's license first, then going to the DMV here and swaping it out for a Texas driver's license without having to take the driving test. So, I went to Texarkana, and they said there was a block on the computer because the name on my driver's license doesn't match the one with my social security card. They gave me a 60 day extention from the expiration date. So now it expires on Tuesday. I went to get a new social security card with my birth certificate that my dad overnighted me (thanks Dad! Yes, I know it cost 15.00 to overnight it and I am very sorry! Love you!) Because John and I have been married for more than 4 years, I have to have another form of identification with my maiden name. Besides my birth certificate or my marriage license. Why would I have any old ID cards with my maiden name? So I am still working on that. So then we go to the DMV to trade out the drivers' license. No problems. They look at my stuff, take my picture, I take the vision test, and she hands me a temporary license. A temporary license? Who has heard of that? She says they will mail me my license in 2 weeks, but I have to surrender my Arkansas license now. I explain that we are flying this week, so I can't wait 2 weeks. She gives me my Arkansas ID back and takes back the temporary one. I also explain that I didn't realize that was process because in Arkansas, you are given your license there on the spot. She quickly shot back "Well, this ain't Arkansas." Yes, I know, Texas is sooo much better. Right.

2 comments:

-Shane, Michele & Wolffe said...

Yep, I'm beginning to think Texas is only better if you are under the age of 18. Wolffe says Texas Rules! Shane and I don't really tend to agree with that.

Anonymous said...

So, are you still Ms. Hoover or Ms. Dyer? I am so confused and I guess John is not sure who he married!