Tuesday, May 15, 2007

We're Home!

After some more travel woes, I was able to get John home to Texas Sunday morning. He is doing much much better. He even felt well enough to keep Hope home with him today. They stayed pretty low key, but they were both happy to be together. He will go back to his surgeon in PA on Monday and hopefully be cleared to go back to work. Thank you for everyone's prayers! We are so very lucky it wasn't anything more serious!

I have to say I have been so impressed with John's new company and the people he works for and with. They flew me out to John and back, got me a hotel room, picked me up from the airport, printed off directions for me, called and checked on John, brought him magazines, balloons. It has really made us feel we made the right decision in John changing jobs. I am so proud he is a part of such a great company.

My church is pretty awesome, too. I could not survive with out April. She covered all of my duties, plus hers. Sunday was going to be a busy Sunday for me, and I had to call and tell her Saturday night that I wasn't going to make it. She handled it all! She is such a good friend. She also watched Hope until my parents got here. Pastor Mike did the Children's Sermon for me, Becky got stuff ready for the baptism, acolyte, etc. I am so thankful for everyone at NW!

Hope had a great time with her Mimi and Papa Paul. They visited lots of book stores, the park, attended Hope's school program...they were very busy! At one point Mom said she felt like a new mom, she slept whenever Hope slept. We are so thankful they offered to come take care of her! They were on the road headed this way before I had even decided I was going! She said it was all worth it when Hope came running across the room to hug her!

Some highlights of the last few days
* John's Doctor's name was Kong Fooie. Seriously. I didn't spell it right, on purpose, but that is the pronunciation. John didn't believe me that that was his name. It wasn't until he looked at his prescription bottle. He started dying laughing, which really hurt him!

*Today, Hope was studying John's chin. He has not shaved in several days, so it is pretty scruffy. She said seriously "I don't like your chin." John said, "What's wrong with my chin?" She said "It's got grass on it."

1 comment:

-Shane, Michele & Wolffe said...

As you requested, I updated!

Oh...we're thinking about taking the train from Dallas to Little Rock sometime this summer. Think you guys would want to come along?