Monday, June 27, 2011

Great morning, not so great afternoon

Our church is offering childcare for a few days this summer! I thought it would be a great opportunity to either get some Mommy time, or spending some time with the oldest kids. I couldn't decide whether to make today a Mommy day or a Mommy and Noah day. I really have some errands and things that need to be done this week, but in the end, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to spend some time with my little man. We went to see Cars 2 at the mall. We went to an early show (9:40!) and he did pretty well! We left about 15 minutes before the movie was over. He was just done. I didn't feel like fighting it, so we left. And went to ride the Merry Go Round!

 This is an awesome picture of Noah. Because this is what Noah does. This is what he is always doing. He is trying to figure it out. He just stared at the gears, and even noticed the benches don't have gears, so they don't go up and down.
 He loves these things! I don't know what they are called, but he loves them! Great entertainment.
 It was just a sweet time with me and the boy who sometimes makes me a little bit crazy. :) Oh my goodness, though, I love that boy.

So, we picked Emmy up, went to Wal-Mart, came home, and I put them both down for a nap. Emmy woke up about 45 minutes later screaming like she was hurt. I couldn't calm her down, so eventually, John ran home so I could take her to the doctor and he could stay with Noah. Emmy was still very upset when we left. The doctor immediately noticed her belly was distended. Ok, so I really hate this. Why? Because I can't tell! This is the second time a doctor asked about her belly and if I had noticed it was distended. Ummm, no. I didn't. So, she prescribed emmy something called Bethanechol to calm her stomach and her down. She said if Emmy didn't improve in the next couple of hours, to call her and she would call ahead to the ER for us to tell them Emmy needed an xray to check for a blockage! It was scary for a bit. Probably because I am an overreactor. But, it did calm her down and she did improve. No more screaming. A little fussy, but no screaming. So, we are supposed to talk to Emmy's GI dr tomorrow to see if she can come in. Her next GI appt isn't until September, and this doctor didn't think we should wait til then. I don't know if this is a reaction to her being back on glutens (she had to stop the gluten free diet so that she can have a biopsy for celiac in September. Long story) or what. Ugh. The guessing game is not fun! She is sleeping now, so I am hoping for an easy night!

Walgreens. Rude pharmacy tech. Who told me we couldn't have her prescription until tomorrow because it had to be mixed. You know, the medicine we needed to try before taking her to the Emergency room? Umm, not okay. Don't mess with a Mama Bear. Guess what. By some miracle, Emmy's medicine was ready in less than 10 minutes! Woo hoo! Score! 1 point for Mama Bear.


Cari said...

Bless your heart girl! Way to fight for your baby :)

We got the swim shirt at Old Navy in Branson. They had several super hero ones including cars. I have also seen some like that at Belk. Hope you find him one! They may even have them on their website. Good luck!

Kerum said...

Uh, Yeah, I think that tech will now know not to mess with mama's when their children are sick! Especially Jill! ;-)

So glad she's feeling better! I can't believe how much the kids are's been too long! I think Noah and Colten would get along great...and we mama's would probably be very tired after a playdate with those two! :-)