Sunday, January 31, 2010

Arkansas Snow Day

It finally came! A snow day! We waited and waited all day Friday. There was some sleet/snow mix throughout the day, but not a lot. Then, around 10, the snow came down! We still only got about an inch or so, but it was on top of ice, which made for some great sledding. Only we don't have a sled. Never fear, this mom is from Arkansas, she will figure something out. At 10 pm, I told Hope to go bundle up. John thought I was crazy, but went along (with just a little grumbling.) I grabbed the laundry basket and out we went. I didn't take many pictures Friday night, but the three of us had the best time! Our driveway was so perfect for our laundry basket sledding event. Hope said it was the most fun she has ever had. I think John might just say the same thing!

The next morning, we were up and at em fairly early. With brother in tow this time! In case you missed the facebook pictures from our last little snow day, Noah is sporting a 1970s snowsuit that me and my 3 siblings all wore, and my 3 nieces. Sorry little man, we all had to pay our dues. John and I lovingly refer to him as "Randy" (From A Christmas Story) whenever he has this on.

So, this is how Arkansas laundry basket sledding works.... Everyone piles in..

Daddy gets ready for the catch...

And hold on to your brother!

It was such a great time! I will never forget it!

3 comments:

Sarah Roberts said...

what great smiles!

Michele Bonewell said...

Love this, Jill!

Anonymous said...

that's great!