Monday, January 04, 2010

And then there were 3

Here is the story....





A few weeks ago, I was just so tired, and so hungry and I just felt weird. I decided just to check to see if I might be pregnant, never thinking I was.... well.... I was. I can't even tell you the shock. No fertility treatments... we were told this couldn't happen, I was just floored. John was out of town, and I didn't want to tell him over the phone, so I told my sister. I had to wait until Friday to tell John. I bought Noah a Big Brother shirt and put it on him after John came home. It took him a few minutes to notice and then he just kept saying, "Shut up! Jill, are you serious? Is this a joke?" Ha! Not a joke, honey! He was smiling and excited though. Just shocked. We decided not to tell my parents until Christmas, which was 2 weeks away! I am not good at keeping secrets from my mom. So this was super hard. I avoided her as much as I could. And, to keep from telling my mom, I would spill my secret occasionally to someone, making sure they knew that it was a secret. During the 2 weeks, Mom and I had to take Noah to the ER for RSV. They came to take him to x-ray and told me to come with him, but then turned around and said "But, if you are pregnant, DON'T COME!" What did I do, I went. I didn't think that the ER at 2 a.m. was the best place to tell her. Once we got to the room, I said, "Okay, I AM pregnant, but my mom doesn't know!" They let me stay while they got him ready, but made me leave for the pictures. Close call. I had to lie to her while I went to the doctor, when I was nauseous... it was a rough 2 weeks!


At work, I told a couple friends, and one person I accidentally told. I told her it was a secret, but that didn't seem to matter. She spread it all over the school. I had to call up to the school and stress to everyone that my family didn't know yet. Crazy. My fault for letting it slip. But, really, why wouldn't someone realize that it was my news to tell. I wanted to be the one to tell my friends, but now they all know. Whatever. At least it didn't get back to my mom.





So, Christmas morning. We wrap up this picture:

(7th Grandbaby!)

We write on it "To Mimi and Papa Paul" But don't put who it is from. My mom opens it and starts screaming "WHO IS THIS FROM?!" Over and over again. Seriously screaming. My poor brothers and my sister in law, Lisa, because my mom is totally accusing them. She doesn't even look at me. So funny. I hope Lisa will forgive me one day! Totally worth it. I have it all on tape, I have just got to figure out how to get it on here.

So, there it is. Ready or not! Baby #3 is due August 8th. This pregnancy has been much different this time. I am a lot more tired and queasy than I have been with the other two. Is it because I am older? Or because I am chasing 2 other kids? Either way, I am ready to get through this first trimester. I am 9 weeks and counting. Three kiddos should be fun! No matter how shocked we are, we are even more excited. Babies are always a blessing! This certainly wasn't my plan! I got rid of most of the baby equipment and my maternity clothes because we were done with fertility treatments. Actually, the next plan was adopting once Noah got into Elementary school. God has other plans for our family for now, but still feel like ONE day, it is in His plans for us to adopt. For now, we are enjoying a new path! Remembering our family verse makes me smile at the thought of this new little one!

For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord...plans to give you a future and a hope."

Jeremiah 29:11


When will I learn that He is the one with the plan?! So thankful that He is!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so excited for you and your family! I have some summer maternity clothes if you want to borrow, as Madelin's b-day is August 2. Still not sure whether we're going to have another baby.

Unknown said...

Oh Jeremiah would be a really good name for a boy. The only issue is that is such a mouthful. Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Girl, I am so happy for ya'll!!! What a huge blessing from GOD! We are praying non stop and cannot wait to follow along! My sister found out New Year's Day they were expecting #2 (don't worry - she's already told everyone)!