Thursday, September 10, 2009

First Soccer Game!

Allright people, I know the blog has been neglected. I am sorry. I would promise to get better, but there is a good chance I won't. Somehow, with all the job drama, I have ended up with two wonderful jobs, which combined put me working over 40 hours a week. I am happy with the decision, but it is still an adjustment. John still travels a ton, Noah is back to waking up at night, I am just so tired. But determined to make this work for now, even if it means I have to slip on the blog. That being said, somehow, I let my sister peer pressure me into signing up Hope for soccer. What the crap was I thinking has gone through my mind several times this week. There were a million reasons not to sign up, not the least of which is the fact that Noah has a 7:00 bed time now, and soccer is not over until 7. Grrrreat. So, I will admit that I was really really hoping that today's soccer game would be rained out. Luckily, it wasn't. It was so fun! For real! I don't even like soccer! :-)
We started off rough, even in the parking lot. I ran into some sweet friends, Julie and Jenny. While I am talking to them, Hope sees her Mimi and takes off for her...in the parking lot. And a car is coming. I screamed at the top of my lungs. It scared her. It scared me. And Julie and Jenny might be deaf now. Sorry friends.
So we start in a funk. Hope is now upset, shy, won't talk to her coach. Great. By the time the game started though, she was fabulous. This girl was in it to win it. She is the only girl on her team. Then, they played a team of all boys, so she was the only girl on the field! Didn't seem to bother her a bit.
Then, she starts to realize, these are big boys she is playing against. She says to me, "I can't get the ball away from these big boys." So, what does my girl do? She gives up. Totally. She just stands there, staring at me. Will not budge.
The coach (The AWESOME coach) finally takes her out of the game, and she sits on my lap and calms down. Uncle Wes promised her a Barbie if she made a goal, but I changed the promise to if she kicked the ball 10 times I would get her a new Barbie, and the tea set she so covets if she scores a goal. She got right back in the game and was super tough. Maybe too tough.
Pretty sure that pushing is illegal in micro soccer, right?


And yes, brother was there cheering on the Pirates as well!

It was a really great time. I am so glad it didn't get rained out. I am so proud of that tough little pixie of a girl. However, I can't promise that I won't be hoping next week's game isn't rained out after a long day!

3 comments:

Kerum said...

Love the soccer pics! Great job HOPE!!!

You sure do have your hands full, huh! After this season...SLOW down!

Unknown said...

Good luck with all of the new goings ons.

I am really proud of Hope. I am on the fence about soccer so young for peanut, but I can't wait until she is in there roughing it up. I can't wait to hear how Hopes season goes.

Julie said...

Great action shots of Hope. She was so proud!

I am not deaf, sister...just very impressed with your mom-dar! Excellent reaction time! :)