Friday, February 20, 2009

Look Who's Crawling


It's Noah Red! Woo Hoo! The boy literally figured this out overnight. Now, he still hasn't figured out how to roll from his tummy to his back, but crawling can be knocked off the list of things he needs to work on.


He also pulled up this week for the first time. But only once. I put him to bed, and I usually let him cry for 15 minutes. If he doesn't calm down I will go try to feed him and put him down. Anyway, after 15 minutes he was still screaming like crazy. I couldn't image what he was so freaked out about. So I go in his room, and he has pulled up on the side and he is terrified and hanging on for dear life. Bless his heart, he didn't know how to get back down. I really wanted to run get my camera, but he looked so so pitiful I had to rescue him. I have been told since then that I should have shown him how to sit down before I grabbed him. oops. Next time I will know.
At his 9 month check up he weighed 17.5 pounds, was 27.5 inches long and all his percentages were just about where they always are. His ears are still infected (and have been since early December.) Dr. Laura said she cannot think of another baby who has ever needed tubes more than Noah Red. They are coming baby boy. We meet with the ENT on the 24th. Hopefully they will get him in soon.
He is officially caught up with his immunizations. Dr. Bob should be proud. After much more research, I have decided to do all of the rest of his immunizations as scheduled, including the MMR. (assuming we have no crazy reactions between now and then.) If you are interested in my reasons, I will post later, because I have really really been back and forth on this for months, and made the decision just a few days before this last appointment. Overall, I think immunizations are a wonderful thing. Wonderful. If we all quit immunizing our kids we are inviting horrible awful life threatening preventable diseases back into our environment. However, I do think that kids react differently to vaccines, and it is up to us mothers to decide what is best for our children on an individual basis. I did not have any questions about immunizing Hope. She never had any reactions. Noah, had a few minor reactions to his early shots which made me hit the brakes on the vaccines while I collected information and, with John, evaluated Noah's situation.
Noah is working on tooth #6! Teeth are just breaking through like crazy!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow, that is amazing with the crawling. It constantly amazes me how each child develops in his or her own way and order. Yea for Noah!